Some of the items featured in the Winter 1999 (Vol. 8, No. 4) Issue of ‘NFD Communicate’:
- $630,000 has been made available by the Health Funding Authority for new mental health services for Deaf people.
- A Concise NZSL Dictionary is in the works, a smaller version of the NZSL Dictionary. It is hoped that the book will be completed by the end of 1999.
- Auckland Deaf Society appoints its first woman president, Beth Titter.
- The date for NFD’s Deaf Awareness Week is 15 to Sunday 21 November 1999. No specific theme has been set to allow individuals, groups, organisations to promote their own events, activities and causes.
- Kim Robinson and Victoria Manning updates on their appeal to the Human Rights Commission of disability discrimination of not being able to access the phone network.