Some of the items featured in the December 1993 (Vol. 7, No. 4) issue of ‘NFD Communicate’:
- To celebrate Deafness Awareness Week during Women’s Suffrage Year, Kelston held a photographic display to celebrate the achievements of 37 Deaf women in New Zealand.
- Advisors on Deaf Children: What Do They Do? An article by four advisors.
- The Caption Centre, a unit of Teletext, clocks its one hundredth TV commercial for subtitling, only seven months after its launch.
- A list of TTY’s installed in public places, organisations and Deaf Societies.
- A dictionary is created by the Methodist Chaplain with Deaf people, Edan Garner, of words used in worship. It has around 150 signs.
Note: This issue was printed as June 1993 in error.