Some of the items featured in the June 1994 (Vol. 8, No. 2) issue of ‘NFD Communicate’:
- The Adult Deaf Māori group has given a set of beautiful carvings to Kelston which has been placed in the hall.
- ‘Visitors slam NZ on disabled’ – New Zealand has done little to integrate its disabled population into society, according to four visiting American activists, here to discuss the recently passed Human Rights Act.
- Screenings of ‘In The Land Of The Deaf’, a French film about Deaf children subtitled in English.
- The Association of Teachers of the Deaf and Hearing Impaired, formed in August 1991, held its first biennial conference in Palmerston North.
- The Morris Coutts (Charitable) Trust was established in gratitude for his life. It aims to fundraise $100,000 to be used to help finance deaf athletes to attend world events.
- An update on the busy activities of the Christchurch Deaf Senior Citizens!