Some of the items featured in the September 1995 (Vol. 5, No. 2) Issue of ‘NFD Communicate’:
- ‘A Rugby Dream’, an article on the world’s first Deaf rugby test match between New Zealand and South Africa.
- New Zealand’s first Deaf Festival, staged on the last two days of September; an opportunity to celebrate the richness and beauty of Deaf culture and NZSL!
- Instructions on how to use a TTY in an emergency
- Two Māori Deaf hui were held to gather information about the needs of Māori Deaf, with the first hui at Nga Hau e Wha Marae (Christchurch), and Matātua Marae (Mangere) with 70 people in attendance.
- Interpreter graduates who wanted to work for the Deaf Association would need to apply using a tape showing them interpreting, with its Advisory Committee making recommendations to Regional Managers.