Some of the items featured in the Autumn 1999 (Vol. 8, No. 3) Issue of ‘NFD Communicate’:
- The Health and Disability Commission seeks feedback towards its review of the Health and Disability Commissioner Act 1994, the Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers’ Rights. Public libraries hold copies of the consultation document.
- The DeaFine Theatre Company will be staging Shakespeare’s classic, ‘King Lear’ at the Maidment Theatre.
- The XIII World Congress begins advertising for the Brisbane, Australia congress from 25-31 July 1999.
- Three Deaf people working for BNZ talk about their experiences working with the bank as a Deaf person.
- Margaret Cooper (QSM) and Eileen Smith (OSM) are recognised in the New Years Honours and their contribution to the Deaf and hearing impaired communities in New Zealand.
- A report from NZDRFU on the team’s first tour to the UK.