Some of the items featured in the June 1987 issue of ‘NFD Journal’:
- The Summer Diary of the Christchurch Deaf Sign Singers, covering their activities over Deafness Awareness Week, with many weeks of practice for the Christmas season with eight bookings.
- Alan Young, Principal of Kelston School for Deaf Children retires with approximately 200 people attending
- Hawkes Bay has its first interpreter and social worker based at Napier. Sign language classes are also offered at the Hawkes Bay Deaf Club.
- Stephen Leach writes an article, “How does it feel to be deaf?” touching on his experiences at Gallaudet.
- ADS advertises its 17 VHS tapes with subtitles to the Deaf community at $5.50 per 24 hour, with a $20.00 bond.