Some of the items featured in the March 1990 issue of ‘NFD Journal:
- An in-depth explanation how Teletext subtitles are made, accessible for viewers who have Teletext television sets.
- Shake Awake, a new portable vibrating alarm clock is advertised!
- The Auckland Sign Singers participated in the opening ceremony of the 1990 Commonwealth Games, part of the 600 strong choir. They also performed ‘Two Strong Hearts’ on a televised New Years Eve ceremony at Bastion Point.
- Dulcie McKie talks about her classes in NZ Sign Language at Auckland Deaf Society, where she is teaching along with three other tutors.
- Kevin Stokes reports on the Deaf Way 1989 conference in Washington D.C. describing it as “mind-blowing!”
- Marianne Collins-Ahlgren’s PhD – ”her thesis has enhanced the status of NZSL and will contribute to the provision of interpreting services for the Deaf Community”