From 30th December 1989 – 2nd January 1990, pupils, teachers and friends of St Dominic’s School for the Deaf gathered at Aorangi, Fielding to celebrate the schools 45th anniversary. This casually filmed footage covers the four-day festivities celebrating the 45th Jubilee of St Dominic’s School for the Deaf. This video features speeches from ex-pupils and staff telling many memories and recollections of St Dominic’s over the years. There are also scenes of members of the St Dominic’s community catching up with each other, ex-pupils, teachers, their families and the Deaf community. The ceremonial roll call is taken before group photographs of the committee, past pupils and teachers during 1944-1952, 1956-1966, 1967-1977, 1978-1988 and 1989-1994. The day concludes with a final Mass.
The 45th reunion was the last one held at St Dominic’s School for the Deaf before the school moved to St Joseph’s School in Feilding.