Some of the items featured in the October 1982 (Vol. 19, No. 3) issue of ‘New Zealand Deaf News’:
- Margaret and Morris Coutts went to Wellington on 6 May 1972 to attend Morris’ investiture ceremony. Morris received his QSM from the Governor General.
- Wellington Deaf Society celebrates its 44th year with an anniversary party in the Deaf Clubrooms.
- Ken Brain, the previous Editor has resigned, and the NZ Deaf News is being edited by Daniel Beech until a suitable Editor is found.
- A Deaf Church Choir was formed this year and began practising hard so they could take part in the Dedication Service during Quota’s Deaf Awareness Week in April.
- A copy of a letter to the Prime Minister, Muldoon, asking to remove tax on Total Communication books