Some of the items featured in the 1968 Autumn Issue of ‘NZ Deaf News’ (Vol. 5, No. 3):
- The photo featured on the cover of this issue of NZ Deaf News was by Ada Schischka. NZ Deaf News is running a cover photo competition with the winner to be announced on 31 July 1968.
- The fourth annual New Zealand deaf table tennis championships were held at New Plymouth during Queen’s Birthday Weekend.
- Hilda Ashley, a life member of the Wellington Deaf Club, died in Christchurch on 29 April 1968.
- Friends of the Deaf opened its $30,000 appeal for the Eddowes Memorial Village for the elderly Deaf, with a raffle underway.
- One of the founders of the Christchurch Deaf Club, Jane Kinnear, celebrated her 80th on 13 March 1968. She was the guest of honour at a surprise party arranged by the Deaf Womens’ Group.
- NZ Deaf Amateur Sports Association was given a cheque for $3000 from a 24-hour sponsored charity run held at Alexandra Park, Auckland, on April 19-20.