Some of the items featured in the Spring/Summer 1999 (Vol. 8, No. 5) Issue of ‘NFD Communicate’:
- Academy Award winning Deaf actress Marlee Matlin is interviewed and featured in this issue of NFD Communicate.
- Amanda and Judy Everitt talk about being Deaf, Deaf identity and opportunities.
- An article on NZSL vs Signed English, the difference between NZSL, BSL, Auslan, ASL, and how to learn NZSL.
- The World Federation for the Deaf Congress at Brisbane, Australia is deemed a success, with a total of 2,171 delegates from 90 countries represented.
- An extract from Angela Sew Hoy’s keynote paper presented at a Dunedin Conference, “Cracking the Glass Ceiling”