Some of the items featured in the December 1992 (Vol 6. No. 4) issue of ‘NFD Communicate’:
- For the very first time in New Zealand, fitness classes are catering only for the Deaf, with a ‘Step Reebok for the Deaf’ exercise programme.
- Jarrod Childs is the 12th person in New Zealand to receive a cochlear implant; the first recipient to have been born deaf.
- As part of Access 2000, a proposal was put forward to Middlemore Hospital with NZSL interpreters, Deaf awareness training. The proposal was accepted.
- Eileen Smith and Nan Gardner gives a workshop at the Asian-Pacific Congress on Deafness in Thailand, titled “‘Kelston Deaf Education Centre – A School for the Deaf Moves into the Future”
- Deaf Awareness Week stories from across New Zealand.
- Auckland Deaf Society History Books are available for sale at $15.00.
- “A Motivated Personality!” A story on Janet Watt, and Kevin Stokes titled “A versatile young man on the move!”.
- Christchurch Deaf Society sells Deaf badges as part of their fundraising ventures at $4.80 plus postage.