NZ Deaf News: Spring 1965 (Vol. 3, No. 1)
Some of the items featured in the 1965 Spring Issue of ‘NZ Deaf News’ (Vol. 3, No. 1):
- The first Deaf Individual Table Tennis Championships will be held at Napier during Labour Weekend. This clashes with the opening of the Christchurch Deaf Club hall.
- Members of the Christchurch Deaf Club play a friendly game of hockey against students from the School for the Deaf, Sumner. Three teams took part – the women and men from the Deaf Club against 1st Eleven teams and mixed Deaf Club against the Sumner staff. The 1st Eleven team beat the Deaf Club members!
- Manawatu Deaf Society distributes its first newsletter, ‘Jottings’ to all Deaf Clubs. The newsletter will make an appearance every two months.
- Stewart Smith, the Team Manager of the NZ team attending the 10th International Games for the Deaf writes a general report on the tour, with full details of results concerning New Zealand competitors.
- The inaugural meeting of an Association of Friends of the Deaf was held at St Dominics on 23 August 1965 and it was most successful.
- Deaf Organisations