Some of the items featured in the 1973 (Vol. 10, No. 1) issue of ‘New Zealand Deaf News’:
- Pam and Kaz Witko’s wedding in Paraparumu was officiated by a minister who “spoke plain enough for us deafies to understand the service.”
- Results of ADS’s picnic at Long Beach with competitions for ‘Men’s Most Ugly Legs’ and ‘Old Buffers’ Largest Shell’ along with the usual tug-o-war and distance step.
- The Whanganui Deaf Club held its first general meeting on 9 February with Beth Titter elected its President. It was decided to hold meetings once a month with a picnic planned for 4 March.
- An obituary for Beth Roberts, rated one of the three best lip-reading tutors in New Zealand.
- More details/synposes requested for programmes on television to give deaf people more information on what will be screened on television.
- New Zealand team selected for the Sweden World Deaf Games 1973.