Some of the items featured in the 1972 Issue of ‘NZ Deaf News’ (Vol. 9, No. 1):
- First church service was hosted for the Deaf community on 19 December 1971, at the Auckland Deaf Society Clubroom.
- Deaf Australia indoor basketball players make a trip to New Zealand to play against the New Zealanders, on top of games against the Auckland and Christchurch teams.
- Manawatu hosts a stall at the Jaycee Paddy Market making a great profit!
- Wellington Deaf Society has opened its new Clubrooms in Hill Street, behind the Wellington Cathedral, called the “Loaves and Fishes Hall”. Members meet on teh second and fourth Saturday evening of each month.
- Christchurch Deaf Club prepares for its upcoming 50th Jubilee Celebrations, to be held on Queen’s Birthday weekend in 1972. Registration fees are $2.