Some of the items featured in the 1972 (Vol. 9, No. 2) issue of ‘New Zealand Deaf News’:
- Manawatu Deaf Society is approaching its 10th year of activities. The Club was founded on 7 July 1962 by Joan Bailey.
- The Open Indoor Bowls Championship for the Deaf is hosted in Hamilton, hosted by the Waikato Deaf Club.
- Christchurch Deaf Club has spent substantial effort in getting quotes from different centres for a suitable alarm to let deaf parents know when their baby is crying. A suitable company has been sourced.
- New buildings will be set-up at Kelston with a new ‘experience’ block where children can learn woodwork, clothing and cooking, an educational media centre, an administration block. The total cost will be in excess of $77,000.
- Darcy Dale, former Principal of Kelston talks about the growth of mainstreaming, and expects more deaf children will attend general schools in the future.