Some of the items featured in the Winter 1966 Issue of ‘NZ Deaf News’ (Vol. 3, No. 4):
- Club ‘Round-Up’ from Auckland Deaf Society, Christchurch Deaf Club, Dunedin Deaf Club, Manawatu Deaf Club, Northland, Taranaki, Waikato and Wellington Deaf Society.
- Annual general meetings for several Deaf Clubs – Auckland, Christchurch and Dunedin.
- Stewart Smith and Kath Smith participate in the 1966 New Zealand Indoor Bowling Club’s Championships at Invercargill on 18 June, and win the top trophy. Stewart writes an article on this, commenting that several deaf people had come to watch them play.
- Kelston, St Dominics and Sumner all report on activities happening at their schools.
- 33 players participate in the second annual Deaf Club national table tennis championships held in Paihia during Queens Birthday weekend.