Some of the items featured in the September 2003 issue of ‘Soundscape’:
- Deaf Awareness Week, 22-28 September 2003
- Oticon Foundation grant aids the production of a video documentary on Samoa’s renowned Silent World Theatre.
- SLIANZ’s conference was held during Queen’s Birthday weekend, assisted by a grant from the Oticon Foundation.
- A new video resource will be available to sign language tutors early 2004 (NZSL Units 7-12). Tutors use the video in classes or set homework assignments for students to watch the video at home.
- 5 New Zealand Deaf youths joined others from around the world at the WDS Youth Camp in Montreal, Canada. Victoria was also the first New Zealand representative to be elected onto the WFD Youth Section.