Some of the items featured in the 1968 Winter Issue of ‘NZ Deaf News’ (Vol. 5, No. 4):
- The Christchurch Deaf Club organises a petition urging the Minister of Broadcasting to provide a special television programme for deaf and hard of hearing people.
- Twelve members of Manawatu Deaf Society made a trip up to New Plymouth for the table tennis championships over Queens Birthday weekend. Gordon Brown and Gwen Rapley were the trophy winners!
- Invitation to attend the X1th World Games of the Deaf in Belgrade 1969.
- Mavis Carter shares some news from Wanganui deaf folks who meets at the Grand Hotel on Friday every Friday. She was the only girl in a team of six people who represented New Zealand at the International Games for the Deaf in Helsinki. She took part in the high jump and 100 yards sprint.
- Information on ‘The Teaching Films to Help Deaf Children Group’ which was formed in May 1967. The aim of the group was to make a simple teaching film designed to show parents of deaf children on how they could best help their child at home in the first few years of their life.