Some of the items featured in the 1964 Spring Issue of ‘NZ Deaf News’ (Vol. 2, No. 1):
- David Eastman has taken on the position of Art Editor for NZ Deaf News, with his cartoons regularly appearing on the front cover since the commencement of the journal.
- The number of Deaf Clubs has increased to ten, with clubs organising their own socials and sports. Taranaki organised gatherings at different Deaf people’s homes.
- District ‘Round-Up’ from Auckland Deaf Society, Christchurch Deaf Club, Hawkes Bay Deaf Club, Dunedin Deaf Club, Manawatu Deaf Club, Waikato Deaf Club, Northland Deaf Club and Wellington Deaf Society.
- The Christchurch Ladies’ Group reports on its activities, with cooking, visits, and parties.
- St Dominics reports on a visit by the Governor General, Sir Bernard Fergusson and Lady Fergusson.