Some of the items featured in the December 1987 issue of ‘NFD Journal’:
- What is the future for the NDF?
- MOACOM has wound up their activities, having achieved their objective, to have Total Communication recognised as an integral part of the education of deaf children.
- A behind-the-scenes look at producing ‘News Review’ which first aired in 1980, expanding from 15 minutes a week to 26 minutes. Ava and Susan talk about their work on News Review, calling it ‘a great big step forward for the deaf in New Zealand.’
- Russel McNab gives a report on Manawatu Deaf Society’s trip to the NZ Games for the Deaf in Christchurch, with its teams holding onto the netball and basketball trophies, coming into third place for the Aotearoa Turi Shield.
- Due to rising rental costs in inner city, the Auckland Welfare Office moved to 22 Rocklands Avenue, Balmoral.
- Rachel Locker, funded by the Roy McKenzie Foundation on a study trip to USA, reports back on her Californian trip.