Some of the items featured in the St Dominic’s Catholic Deaf Centre’s ‘Deaf Southern Star’ (Vol. 39, No. 3, 2017) newsletter:
- The upcoming farewell of the last remaining Dominician Sister still active in the ministry – Sr. Maureen O’Hanlon OP whose involvement with our Deaf began at St. Dominic’s 45 years ago at the beginning of 1972.
- David Loving-Molloy outlines 2017’s achievements, with school visitation in both dioceses, youth ministry and events, and monthly interpreted masses.
- Mary Johnson organised a memorial service for Daniel Beech for his 10 years of service.
- An article titled ‘The question of Deaf Youth’, with the question asked: ‘Where will the new faces for the Catholic Deaf Ministry in the future come from?’
- The Wellington Deaf Catholic Committee organised a Memorial Service for Toni Rees, who was a life member of Wellington Deaf Society and New Zealand Deaf Indoor Bowls, and one of the founders of the Horowhenua Deaf Club.