Some of the items featured in the 1972 (Vol. 9, No. 3) issue of ‘New Zealand Deaf News’:
- The ADS annual ball consisted of a ‘Grandmother of the Year’ contest. There were 10 contestants and the winner was popular Kath French.
- 12 Deaf Americans visited ADS on 28 August and were greeted by a haka led by John Keogh.
- Waikato Deaf Club celebrated its 16th anniversary with a dine and wine at the Chelsea Lounge in Hamilton.
- Joan Bailey showed members of Manawatu Deaf Society some films she had taken at the St Dominics Gala Day, Parents of Deaf Children Association picnic and last year’s Deaf Convention.
- Christchurch Deaf Club celebrates its Golden Jubilee! There were 9 foundation members and two are still alive. Celebrations were held over Queens Birthday weekend, with a cocktail bar set up at the carpark under the clubrooms.
- A new national body called the ‘NZ Deaf Communications Network Inc’ was formed in preparation for the arrival of TTYs.