In 1952, the annual school sports were held at Mt Wellington. The Titirangi children travelled to Mt Wellington in buses. The grounds at Mt Wellington were large, with the school surrounded by farmland. Once the sport events were completed, a march past of the houses would be held. There were three inter-houses – the blue, red and white teams. They each carried their own shield. At that time, the blue and white had one the overall meetings twice each. The red team had won one.
Mt Wellington closed once the Kelston hostel block opened in 1960.