Some of the items featured in Wellington Deaf Society’s September 2013 newsletter:
- Tony Kuklinski is awarded life member of WDS at its 75th Anniversary.
- WDS was closed Friday 16 August due to an earthquake. Messages were sent out to members via text and Facebook.
- WDS proposes to hold a ‘Think Tank’ at the Deaf Club discussing plans to move out of the building and what things will go into storage.
- The Club’s bar licence has expired and alcohol cannot be sold, but the Board agreed on 14 June at its meeting that members and guests could bring their own alcohol to the Deaf Club Open Nights, held every Friday.
- Photos from WDS’s 75th Anniversary, where the Mayor of Wellington, Celia Wade-Brown was in attendance and signed her welcome.
- The anniversary weekend raised $1,000 which will go towards its roof fund. It aims to fundraise $40,000 towards its share of the roof repairs, with Deaf Aotearoa paying the other half.