Some of the items featured in the 1964/65 Spring Issue of ‘NZ Deaf News’ (Vol. 2, No. 2):
- Christchurch Deaf Club prints its own Xmas cards, with profits going to the furniture fund for its new clubrooms.
- Hawkes Bay Deaf Club reports that its membership is up to 26, with 15 of its members attending the Sports Convention in Auckland during Labour Weekend.
- Members of Manawatu Deaf Club and Wellington Deaf Society make a combined trip to the Chateau Tongariro. Unfortunately, engine problems developed just before Taihape and the 22 adults had to cram into a single truck to continue their journey!
- 30 Deaf children from the School for the Deaf were the guests of a local car club’s rally, with the children acting as guest navigators.
- A summary of the 10th NZ Deaf Societies Sports Convention, held in Auckland. It was deemed to be very successful, second only to the Jubilee Convention in 1955.