Some of the items featured in the Summer 1998 (Vol. 8, No. 2) Issue of ‘NFD Communicate’:
- A day in the life of an Itinerant Teacher of the Deaf
- Tertiary education – the challenges and opportunities. The Disability Liaison Office at AIT expanded its services. The goal is to establish a ‘Centre of Excellence’ for Deaf and hearing impaired students.
- Van Asch Deaf Education Centre is currently writing a Deaf Studies Curriculum to be made available to all deaf children.
- ‘Deaf Network New Zealand’ was born on 29 August 1998, where a group met for a weekend workshop to discuss the need for a network for Deaf professionals.
- 60 people attended the NZSLTA ‘Silent Weekend’ camp and deemed it a roaring success!