video – Taonga source: Deaf Society of Canterbury
Past and current Christchurch Deaf Club basketball players face-off for a game
Established in 1951, the Christchurch Deaf Basketball Club celebrated their 25th Jubilee on Saturday 31 July 1976. The day kickstarts with a game between past players – in blue tops – versus current players – in yellow tops. There was also a social dance held that evening.