Wellington Deaf Society finally has a new home, a new Deaf Club! A formal opening on Saturday 24 April 2021 to celebrate its new building since selling its Marion Street building in 2015.
The ceremony and speeches to open McHattie House, used as the national office for NZAD.
Footage and interviews from the opening night of the newly redeveloped Auckland Deaf Society clubrooms late August 2007.
The opening of the Advance Centre, a tertiary support centre for Deaf and hearing impaired students in the Auckland region, attended by Hon Ruth Dyson, Minister for Disability Issues, and Patrick Thompson - Māori Deaf leader.
The opening of the Deaf Association National Office and the Auckland Branch Office at the Ceramic House in Totara Avenue, New Lynn on 18 June 1993.
The Deaf Association of New Zealand opens its new offices on Great North Road, Avondale, Auckland in November 1999.
The opening of Kelston on a site in Archibald Road featured the infamous ‘Te Pakanga o Whau’ (The Battle of Whau) in 1959 where 86 deaf students acted in an outside play featuring a Māori-Pakeha battle near a big gum tree field.
A 43-minute documentary taking you through the history of Auckland Deaf Society, the second home of the Deaf community of Auckland.
The Battle of Whau: a drama by Kelston Deaf students for the opening ceremony of Kelston School for the Deaf, 7th November 1959.
The foundation stone ceremony for the Auckland Deaf Welfare Centre 1958.