Deaf members of the Auckland Adult Deaf Society clear the Balmoral Road property before construction of the main hall.
Footage of the demolition of the ‘Main Building’ of van Asch College, April 1980.
The foundation stone ceremony for the Auckland Deaf Welfare Centre 1958.
Auckland Deaf Society President Kevin Pivac gives a tour of the Club’s building prior to its demolition and rebuild.
A group of Deaf men busily work on laying the foundations for the new Auckland Deaf Welfare Centre, later to become the property of the Auckland Deaf Society.
The ceremony and speeches to open McHattie House, used as the national office for NZAD.
Auckland Deaf Society, about to close for a total building redevelopment, hosts a final social event: a Mardi Gras at the Deaf Club.