Some of the items featured in the 1973 Issue of ‘Deaf News of New Zealand’ (Vol. 11, No. 3):
- This is the third issue of Deaf News in its new look.
- An Auckland group makes recommendations to the Educational Development Conference, saying that the combined method of communication should be taught in New Zealand schools for the deaf instead of oralism only.
- A new film is being produced for the New Zealand Teaching Films to Help Deaf Children Society: “A Deaf Child Grows Up”
- Daniel Beech proposes deaf people meet at the Hamilton Deaf Sports Convention to get the ball rolling in starting an association for the deaf.
- Dieter asks for New Zealanders to be more welcoming of Deaf internationals, keeping in mind that they have played a part in the establishment of the Deaf News, NZ Sports Association, or in Auckland, the first church service at the Deaf Welfare Centre.