Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision

Auckland Deaf Welfare Centre progress

1958
Image for Auckland Deaf Welfare Centre progress

This film focuses on three buildings – The progress building the Auckland Deaf Welfare Centre, followed by footage of the Balmoral Bowling Club, and the newly opened Auckland Harbour Bridge.

The Auckland Deaf Welfare Centre (which later became the Auckland Deaf Society) was built with the support of the Friends of the Deaf group.

Balmoral Bowling Club had many members from the Auckland Deaf Club, and the bowling club served as a temporary Deaf Clubroom venue when the societies building was redeveloped in 2006/2007.

Donated by Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision
Produced by Leslie Barratt